Explorer | Windows95 | »
The Windows File Explorer is the main tool for working with files and folders.
It is accesses by pressing | Start | Programs | and selecting Windows Explorer from the
pop-up selection menu.
It is used to perform the following operations.
- View information about files and folders for the whole computer
- Make new files or folders
- Copy files from one folder to another
- Format Floppy disks
- Copy Floppy disks
- Delete files
- and many other functions
Some general information on using Explorer
- A file is selected by clicking on the file so that it is highlighted
- More than one file can be selected by holding down the Control key on the keyboard and
clicking on one or more file names within explorer
- Multiple files listed in a row can be selected by first clicking on the first file you
want to select, then scrolling up or down to the last file you want to select, and while
holding the shift key on the keyboard, clicking on the last file you want to select.
- Deleting a file without saving it in the Recycle bin
Hold down the Shift key when you delete an item to bypass the Recycle Bin..
- Copy a floppy disk in Windows95
Open the "My Computer" icon on the desktop.
Right click the "3-1/2 Floppy A" icon and select "Copy disk..." from
the pop-up list.
( The "Explorer"
page : Contents, TopOfPage, BottomOfPage, Previous, Next )
© 1997,98,99,2000 www.techadvice.com All