Problems With...Win95 | Windows95
- Getting Error "Unable to Browse the Network..." in a workgroup
Try making the NetBEUI the default protocol
initializing device <device name> Windows Protection Error - Q149962,
- P) Windows95 is not using all the available memory even
know the BIOS shows it is all there and tests it.
R) The ISA Linear Frame Buffer option in the BIOS/CMOS's Advanced section sometimes causes
problems on Pentium based computers. Enter the CMOS section during
boot up and disable this option.
- "Windows 95 Hangs" problems in general
- ISSET_SE caused a general protection fault...
This problem can show up when you try to install programs from the CD-ROM
This is caused by the Norton Anti-Virus "Auto-Protect" feature.
Disable it and try the installation again.
- Error : "A device file that is specified in the System.ini file is
Can happen when you mix different versions of windows 95 OEM.
KB article Q186771 @ Microsoft Link,
© 1997,98,99,2000 www.techadvice.com All