Hauppauge Internal TV Tuner Card
Dual tuner PCI Express NTSC/ATSC/QAM TV receiver board for Windows Vista.
Watch and record analog cable TV plus hi-definition ATSC or clear QAM digital TV
on your PC!
- Dual tuner TV receiver for your PC: one analog TV tuner and one
digital TV tuner
- Single slot PCI Express (PCIe) X1 board, full height
- Built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder for recording analog cable TV, for the
best system performance
- Watch and record all ATSC formats, including the highest definition 1080i
- Supports clear QAM channels with the new WinTV v6 application
Watch and record ATSC high definition digital TV or analog cable TV on
your PC, in a window or full screen! ATSC HD is the over-the-air high
definition TV standard for North America.
- Watch and record 'clear QAM' digital TV channels. Clear QAM are
digital ATSC channels which are re-broadcast on digital cable TV
Two tuners on board: a 125 channel cable ready TV tuner and an ATSC
digital TV tuner. Connect both cable TV and ATSC digital TV to the
WinTV-HVR-1800 at the same time.
Includes Hauppauge's WinTV2000 application. Our WinTV2000 application
allows you to toggle between cable TV, QAM and ATSC digital TV channels
Digital ATSC HD TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV receiver built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Supports Dolby Digital AC3 audio
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 Gb of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition
Digital QAM TV receiver features
- If you are using digital cable which broadcast the local ATSC channels on
their cable TV network, you can receive these QAM channels with the new
WinTV v6 application.
- Note: not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels
Analog TV features
- Built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder, so your PC continues to run
at full speed while watching, pausing and recording analog cable TV
- 125 channel cable ready TV receiver built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder,
for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes
WinTV-HVR-1800 brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV
and analog cable TV to your PC. Watch and record TV in a window or full
screen using high quality MPEG-2.
ATSC digital TV is the over-the-air digital TV for North America. ATSC
digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently
broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations.Note: ATSC
digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-1800
cannot receive digital satellite TV directly. To receive digital satellite, you
will need a satellite receiver set top box.
ATSC digital TV brings you sharper pictures and enriches
your PC’s multimedia experience with Dolby Digital AC3 sound.
WinTV-HVR-1800’s ATSC digital TV receiver adds great features to your TV
viewing: high definition TV reception, automatic identification of channel names
plus records high-definition digital TV programs to your PC’s hard disk in an
MPEG-2 format with no loss in quality.
Two tuners to simplify connections The WinTV-HVR-1800 has
two tuners: one for analog cable TV and one for ATSC/QAM digital TV. You can
connect both cable TV and an ATSC digital TV antenna at the same time. And
our new WinTV v6 application allows you to toggle between cable TV and ATSC or
QAM digital TV channels.
Create your own personal Digital Video Recorder! Record
cable TV shows to your PC's hard disk with our built-in high quality MPEG-2
hardware encoder. You can also record high definition digital ATSC and QAM to
disk in the original digital quality. Use the WinTV-Scheduler to schedule the
recordings of your favorite analog or ATSC digital TV programs. Play the
recordings back to your PC screen at any time.
Are you using Windows Vista Media Center ? If so, you can
add WinTV-HVR-1800 as either the primary or as the second TV tuner. The
Microsoft Media Center application supports up to two TV tuners, so you can
watch one TV channel while recording another! And WinTV-HVR-1800 has Windows
Vista Premium certification
WinTV-HVR-1800 is a PCI Express X1 board. It contains two tuners: a digital TV
tuner to receive ATSC and QAM channels plus a 125-channel cable ready TV tuner.
For ATSC and QAM digital TV, all 18 ATSC formats including 1080i can be watched
or recorded to disk as a MPEG-2 Program Stream. A highly integrated MPEG-1/2
hardware encoder based on the Conexant -418 is on-board for recording analog
cable TV to disk. The playback of the recorded ATSC and QAM digital TV and
MPEG-2 encoded analog programs are done through a software MPEG-2 player
- Processor requirements: - 2.2 GHz P4 or equivalent (minimum) required for
displaying ATSC high definition TV. on your PC screen
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, Pro or Media Center Edition. Also Windows
Vista Premium certified*
- Available PCIe X1 or X8 slot
- Graphics with 64 MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- DVD or CD writer for burning Video CD's, S-VCD's or DVD's (optional)
WinTV-HVR-1800 board has the following features
- WinTV-HVR-1800 PCI bus card with 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner,
- hardware MPEG-2 encoder, dbx-TV stereo decoder, S-Video/composite and
stereo audio inputs
- * For Analog TV reception, you need an analog cable TV
connection. If you have a digital cable set top box or a satellite box, the
WinTV-HVR-1800 can connect via either Composite or S-Video inputs. Channel
changing will be done using the IR blaster.
- * For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high
gain antenna is recommended. To check the ATSC TV broadcasts in your area,
go to TitanTV.com and enter your postal code.
- Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you
might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV.
For QAM reception, you need digital cable TV which transmits 'clear QAM'
ATSC channels. You need to use the Hauppauge WinTV application to watch,
pause and record QAM channels.
- * ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD,
and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD