Errors with URLMON | Windows98 |
Exception Errors |
Specific Errors -
- With RealPlayer
- URLMON.DLL not found -
ActiveX controls require a Windows95, Windows98, or Windows NT system to
have Internet Explorer 4.0x or Office 97 installed in order to register
- With SHLWAPI.DLL -
- URLMON.DLL file is linked to missing export SHLWAPI.DLL
- With PageMill 3.0 - more
- "Urlmon.dll is missing" When Starting PageMill 3.0 for
Install the Urlmon.dll file from the Pagemill 3.0 CD-ROM:
1. Insert the Pagemill 3.0 CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
2. Start Windows Explorer.
3. Open the PageMill folder on the CD, then double-click the Axdist.exe
file, which will automatically install the Urlmon.dll file
- PhotoDeluxe -
- Error or Freeze When Starting PhotoDeluxe Home Edition 3.0 in Windows
Program freezes and gives one of the following errors
- "Urlmon.dll is linked to a missing export file Shlwapi.dll."
- "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor."
- "The procedure entry point StrNCatA could not be located in the
dynamic link library Shlwapi.dll."
- "The SHELL32.DLL file is linked to missing export SHLWAPI.DLL:
- "C:\Program Files\PhotoDeluxe HE 3.0\PSD3.exe. A device attached
to the system is not functioning."
- "PD3 caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at
- "The Wininet.dll file is linked to missing export SHLWAPI.DLL"
Rename the Urlmon.dll and Shlwapi.dll files in the Program
Files\PhotoDeluxe HE 3.0 folder to Urlmon.old and Shlwapi.old
- The URLMON file is normally installed with Windows, but can be removed if
Netscape or Internet Explorer are removed. Re-installing the browser can
bring the file back.
- URLMON location -
- in Windows 95 - windows\system
- in Windows NT - windows\system
- File sizes for URLMON - Microsoft KB article Q168617
Windows 98 - Urlmon.dll 517360 10/21/98 4.72.3510.2000
Urlmon.dll 442,640 (x86) 10-25-99 5.0.2722.2500
- see KB article Q244357
copyright www.techadvice.com All