Removing Programs | Windows98 |
- Click Start, Select Settings, and Select the Control Panel.
- Double Click the "Add/Remove Programs" icon to open it
- A list of installed programs will be listed on the white text box
- Click on the program you want to remove
- The program name will highlight (in blue) and the "Add/Remove" button will activate.
- Click the "Add/Remove" button
- A Message will be displayed asking you to confirm the deletion
- Click the Yes button to continue
- The uninstall shield will open in a new window
- A list of items will be shown and as each item is removed a check mark will appear showing they have been deleted. When the deletion is done press the OK button shown in the bottom right of the window.
- As the program is removed, you might see pop-up windows telling you that some files are not used by other programs and you will need to respond. You can have the computer remove the files which are not used any more. Leaving the files in place is safer since windows might be wrong about the files not being used.
Removing Windows Utility programs -
Open the control panel
Double click the "Add/Remove Programs" icon, the "Properties" window will open.
Click on the "Windows Setup" tab on the top of the window.
A Listing of components will be shown in the white "components" text box
The following components will be shown
Click on the component name so it is blue.
Click the Details button on the button right corner.
Any items associated with that component will be shown along with a checkbox in front of the item. If you want to remove that item click the checkbox so it is NOT checked, then click the OK button repeatedly until the "Add/Remove Programs" window is closed and reboot the computer.
|You are at the www.techadvice.com site which is not associated with the company or products shown on this page.|
copyright www.techadvice.com All rights reserved