Tweak UI | Windows98 |
An add-on utility developed by MS Windows 9x developers. Version 1.1 was intended for Windows 95. The current version ( Sep' 99) is intended for Windows 98 but not for Windows 98SE or for Windows (ME) although it might work ( ...More Info KB article Q237920 @ Microsoft Link ).
It is included in the Windows 98 CD disk but not in the Windows 98SE CD disk.
The current version can be downloaded from Microsoft and also from winmag.com - ...download @ winmag.com Link,
Installing TweakUI - ...see Microsoft KB article Q190643 (70).
To Install Tweak UI you need to use the Windows 98 installation CD as follows:
- Use Explorer to open the folder "tools\reskit\powertoy\"
- Right click on the file "tweakui.inf"
- Select Install from the pop-up menu
To Start TweakUI
Use TweakUI to repair the Fonts Folder
Repair Fonts Folder Using TweakUI
- Open TweakUI
- Click the right arrow on the top menu bar of the window until you see the Repair tab
- Click the Repair Tab
- Click the down arrow to open the selection drop down list
- select the "Repair Font Folder" Option
- Click the "Repair Now" button
Add the Recycle Bin to the Desktop using TweakUI
Start the TweakUI program
Click the Desktop Tab
scroll down to the "Recycle Bin" Entry and click on the checkbox so it is checked
|You are at the www.techadvice.com site which is not associated with the company or products shown on this page.|
copyright www.techadvice.com All rights reserved