Issue TA00142 | Windows98 | Exception Errors |
Problems with Error Message 0E in VxD VMM(01) and EMU10K1.VXD
This Error has been going around for a while.
It is probably related to the Creative Labs Sound driver. If you have a Creative Labs card, you should get and install the latest driver for the card from the Creative Labs Support site which might fix the problem.
Another answer found on the user forum computing.net is shown below.
The users from that forum have found that if you can fix the problem by doing the following.
1) Download the Soundblaster Live patch "Emu10k1.vxd" (we have this file available via email by using the ContactUs link on the bottom of the page.)
2) Open Windows Explorer, browse to the "\Windows\system" folder
3) rename the the file "EMU10k1.vxd" to "EMU10k1.OLD"
4) copy the newly downloaded version of EMU10k1.vxd to the \Windows\System folder
5) close all programs and reboot the computer.
|You are at the www.techadvice.com site which is not associated with the company or products shown on this page.|
copyright www.techadvice.com All rights reserved